Use this tool to determine how many Alpha Premix Bags are required to complete your project.
Alpha GFRC Premix – Silica Free
$37.50 – $1,932.00 + Gst ($41.25 - $2,125.20 AUD)
Alpha GFRC Premix has all the necessary high-performance ingredients, including curing polymer, water reducer, defoamer, shrink reducer and wetting agents. Alpha GFRC Premix provided vertical hang when spraying a face or backer coat.
Alpha GFRC Premix is an engineered formula to provide dense, strong concrete that is ideal when spraying a facecoat or backer coat is required. Alpha GFRC Premix is ideal when vertical hang is required (aprons, drop edges, waterfall edges). Alpha GFRC Premix uses all white ingredients, naturally curing to bone white. The mix has all the necessary high-performance ingredients preblended, including curing polymer, water reducer, defoamer, shrink reducer and wetting agents. Meaning, water, reinforcement and pigment (if desired) is all that is required.
– Holds verticals
– High performances engineered cements
– Minimal processing
– Quick cure and demould times
– No batching required
– Premium white in colour
Application, Advantages and Solutions:
– Replacing 1/3 of the required water with ice, in warm months will allow for further work time
– Add Iron Oxides if required to achieve desired colour
– Cure concrete under plastic and packing blankets for best curing results
– Alpha Powder Water Reducer will assist in achieving a high fluid mix
Use clean, dry mixing equipment or handheld mixers
– Dry blend Alpha GFRC Premix with Iron Oxide
– Add 80% of water and blend
– Add remaining 20% of water and continue to blend until homogeneous.
– After initial blend, slowly add AR Glass Fibres / High Disperse Fibres within your mix.
– If a more fluid consistency is required, small dosages of Alpha Powder Water Reducer can be slowly introduced within the mix.
Note: Mixing too long or at too high a speed after AR Glass Fibre has been added can damage the fibre, resulting in placement issues and reduced strengths.
Alpha GFRC Premix is a mix that provides vertical hang when spraying a face coat and backer coat. This mix is sprayed directly into the forms, with a reinforcing backer coat being applied either through a backer gun, by hand or fluid to pour, like SCC. The key to success when spraying a mist/face coat is to make sure there is a good bond between
layers, timing is critical. Before applying a backer coat, make sure that the mist/face coat has not fully dried out, but is firm enough that the back coat containing reinforcements will not be pushed though and expose fibres with the surface.
To ensure that concrete reaches its maximum potential, place a layer plastic sheeting followed by packaging blankets will keep the moisture from escaping. Demold after 24-48 hours, depending on environment and weather conditions.
Polishing can be done wet or dry. To maintain the cream layer, lightly polish the concrete using pads that are 200 grit or 400 grit. To achieve a sand exposure finish begin grinding with coarser grit pads, progressing to finer grits until desired exposure is reached.
Note: Processing may expose fibres, plan your project and desired finish prior to casting your concrete.
Allowing your concrete to cure full prior to sealing for optimum sealer performance is essential. Sealing your concrete using Alpha Concrete Countertop Sealer. Refer to Alpha Concrete Countertop Sealer guide for sealing application.
Pallet – 56 Bags Spray, 20KG Bag White